Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My vinyl obsession

I previously mentioned that I like to attempt to be crafty sometimes, & I particularly love working with vinyl. A few years back, my sister bought me a Cricut for my birthday, & it's my favorite thing ever. I love vinyl wall decor & have received a lot of compliments on this one in my living room, which I did not make (I wish I was that good!) but ordered it here.

I saw this idea on Pinterest when Isla was a baby & knew I had to have it..but wanted to wait until we had our second (& last for us!) baby. I love the clocks depicting the time of birth & wedding ceremony..such a great idea someone else had ;)

While I am certainly not that skilled with the vinyl nor does my machine cut on that large of a scale, I have attempted a few smaller projects recently. I wanted cute containers for my coffee & sugar so that I can leave them on the counter & have them not be an eyesore. Grabbed a couple glass containers from Hobby Lobby (my favorite) & added little vinyl decals. 

We also finally hung up some more pictures on our walls this past weekend (yes, after living here for a year..took long enough!) & I wanted to add something on a small wall in our hallway near these photos of the kiddos. I love this quote so came up with this idea...

It was hard to get a good picture because of where the wall is, so kind of a strange angle, but I think it looks pretty cute!

Other than those two projects, here's a few more vinyl creations I have made in the past (mostly for gifts).

I certainly don't have as much time to do crafty things these days, but love when I get the chance! On an unrelated side note..check out this cutie who had her second day of preschool today! So much sass! & a quick snapshot of Mama & Weston while Isla was away!
Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. So I've never been to Hobby Lobby... the closest one is new-ish and about an hour away, but maybe I'll take a ride sometime to check it out. ;) Also, we still have nothing on our walls and we've been living here for over two years, so don't feel bad hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely have to go!! They have sooo much stuff and I always love their seasonal decor & very reasonable pricing. Also, if you have their app there's a daily 40% off one item coupon so if something is a little more, you can at least get 40% off ;) I'm so obsessed if you can't tell! & I am glad we aren't the only ones who procrastinated hanging things! Haha

      Delete