Thursday, September 24, 2015

Five Little Things

As always, my friend Linley over at Life as a Noel, had the great idea of sharing five little things that she is currently loving. With her post as inspiration, I decided to share five little things that I am pretty in love with right now!

1. Isla's schoolwork. I love going to her school on Tuesdays & Thursdays to find all of her "work" from the previous day in her cubby. Let's not get me started on how much I love the fact that she has a "cubby" ;) I  swoon over all the little things she makes & want to keep it all forever & ever-- although I know that is not realistic. Some things are easier to throw away though, such as the ocean sensory bag she made that was leaking goo all over the house ;)

2. Quality time with Weston or as he is more frequently referred to, "Westie J". His middle name is Mark after my Dad, so the "J" really has no relevance other than the fact that it just came out one day when talking to him & kind of stuck. When Isla is at school making all of her adorable projects, I am loving the one on one time with him & seeing his personality grow & become cuter by the day. I didn't think that was even possible--but he's defying the odds ;) Also, on the off chance he naps during preschool time, I appreciate the extra time to get stuff done around the house. I am continually amazed at what I can accomplish with just one kiddo vs. two!

3. Return to football season. I know I mention it a lot, but I love football season. Even more than the season itself, I love that it means we spend Sunday's at my parents together with the family. I am big on traditions, & love the fact that the kiddos will have the memories of football Sundays spent at Memere's & Pepere's house, regardless of whether or not they get into football when they are older--which they had better!! Ok, I'm kidding (for the most part anyway) ;)

4. Fall decor. I am pretty obsessed with seasonal decorating, so I was excited to pull out some of my fall themed decor from the boxes in the garage. I try not to go too crazy, but I have my eye on one pretty cute scarecrow that I just might have to have! ;)

5. Fall scents. I have a bit of a candle obsession and this Farmer's Market scent from Yankee Candle is easily my favorite scent for Fall. I am hesitant to even light it, because I don't want it to run out! I mean, there is no feasible way to get another one if I use it too quickly ;) Okay, so it is making my house smell yummy right this moment, so a second one will definitely be required before the end of Fall! Check out the candle topper. The obsession is real

Thanks for the inspiration, Linley!

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten that candle before and love it! Also, we call my cat Bradley J, but his middle name is Jacob so it makes sense. Of course he has a middle name ;) hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that candle is awesome! Haha that's too funny. At least you have a legitimate reason. & it's not tooooo crazy. Our dog Daisy has a middle name too! Daisy May! Sometimes we elongate it to Daisy Mayberry (or that's just me haha). Slightly ridiculous!

      Delete