Thursday, October 8, 2015

Walker Weekend Recap


Here I am again. Recapping last weekend when it is almost the weekend again! (Not that I am even remotely complaining!) Not enough time in the day, I guess! Anyhow, last weekend was pretty great. On Saturday, my Dad's work had a work party that supposedly was going to have a bunch of fun stuff for kids to do. Earlier in the week he had asked if Isla could go with him & my mom to the party & of course I said yes. Those grandparents sure do love to show off the little grand babies don't they? ;) According to my parents the party wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, but Isla had a blast regardless. They kept asking her if she was ready to leave & she would reply with, "No thanks!"  Ultimately they ended up bribing her with a present & stopped at the store & let her pick something out on the way home--& of course a little something for Weston as well. Typical grandparents again...totally spoiled! 

In the meantime of her being away, Daddy & Weston shared some boys time hanging at home while I went to a huge craft fair & then shopping at a few stores for supplies for Isla's birthday party coming up. I am excited to start really planning it out & I got a few cute things, but have some other ideas that I will definitely be adding on to what I found last weekend. 
 

 On Sunday, we started out the morning with Raiders football at home since the Patriots were on a bye week. They didn't end up winning, but our fun afternoon with Isla made up for it. We took her to her first movie at the movie theater, Hotel Transylvania 2. She had just recently watched the first one & was so excited she was a "big girl" going to the movies! She was so good during the movie & sat quietly the whole time except for maybe the last 5-10 minutes where she insisted on standing, but was still quiet, so I definitely can't complain! She ate a ton of popcorn and when Devin tried to share with her she said, "Ok, don't eat it all, Dad!" We sat at the very top and after it was over she insisted she walk down the stairs herself. For anyone who knows Isla, she is VERY cautious and so this whole ordeal took FOREVER to get down the stairs. We anticipated it would be a lengthy process, so we waited for everyone to clear out of the theater before we left. Leaving took about as long as the movie itself ;) Overall it was an awesome first movie experience with our little girl & I look forward to more movie dates in the future. 
 
 
 


 Happy Thursday, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your little movie date!! How cute! So excited to see what you do for her party, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was so fun! I am pretty excited about her party! Except I have like a millionnnnn ideas of things I want to do & can't decide what I will actually do...struggling to narrow down my giant list! We will see how it goes!!

      Delete