Thursday, August 20, 2015

First day of Preschool


Today was Isla's first day of preschool, & it went pretty well! We got her dressed in the outfit we had picked out for her first day, and she was excited. I was hoping to add a cute black necklace to accessorize a bit, but after "practicing" wearing one all week, and her complaining that it "bugged her", I figured we better leave it at home. She was so not into taking pictures, which is very unlike her, she usually loves posing for the camera-- No big deal, Isla! Mama is only DYING over your first day of school, no need to cooperate in documenting it ;) --we snapped a few anyway.

We arrived at her school & she couldn't get in the door fast enough. We hung her backpack up on the hook, put her water bottle in the designated bin, and put her lunchbox in her cubby, then she joined the class on the rug for morning circle time. I stayed with her for a bit, fighting back tears, while she was totally fine! She did get upset for a minute and she told me, "I want to sing this song, but I don't know it!", about the song they were all singing--too cute! After a few minutes I told her I was leaving, gave her a hug & kiss, and left the room. In the lobby, there is a huge tv displaying live feed from the cameras they have installed throughout all the classrooms and outdoor areas, along with couches, so the parents can stay and watch. I watched her for a few minutes & she seemed to be doing fine, so I headed out the door. I held it together long enough to make it to the car, & maybe shed a tear or two on the way home-- very safe! ;)

Time couldn't pass fast enough & I was so ready to pick her up. I got there and went into her classroom and she yelled "Mommy!" and ran and hugged me (best hug ever!) but she looked very happy and was playing nicely, and wasn't very eager to leave. The teacher said she did really well & they are excited to have her joining their class. Apparently there is another girl in her class named Isla, and three Isla's total at the school--how crazy! I also mentioned in a previous post that Isla & I had attended some Mommy & me classes when she was younger--oddly enough one of the little girls who went to those classes in also in Isla's preschool class--that was kind of nice! It's been awhile, so the little girl didn't seem to remember Isla, but Isla remembered her (this chick remembers absolutely e v e r y t h i n g).

We grabbed her stuff and headed to the car where she told me she "had so much fun!" She also said that  she cried a little bit because she missed me--oh my heart! I asked what she did at school & she told me she rode a bike outside..and that's about all she really wanted to volunteer--haha! I asked her if she colored and she said, "Yeah, I colored with markers, I colored my family, you and daddy!" I asked her if she colored Weston and she said, "Oh no! Sorry Weston! I will color you next time..I didn't color me either!"-- she cracks me up. She seemed like she really enjoyed herself, but was certainly wiped out from all the commotion & was ready for a nap when we got home. I am looking forward to her going back next week for day 2 of preschool, & maybe I can manage not to cry this time--emphasis on the maybe. Check out her not so cooperative first day of school pictures! I particularly enjoy the ones featuring her Sofia the First backpack--that's an awful big backpack she picked out for a little girl like herself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment